Thursday 1 December 2016

Autumn, and all its wonders.


British weather can be a mass of grey and gloom with a smattering of rain all year round. But this year we had a lovely summer. The weather was mostly warm and bright and the sunsets gold and ethereal, and autumn has been just as beautiful. Clear blue skies, crisp cold air and lively colours everywhere. When the skies are clear in the day the sunsets are absolutely awe-inspiring.

I'm so in love with the world.

I think that's been one of the best parts of 2016 for me. I've always had a soft spot for nature and we all appreciate a good sunset. But this year I've had the chance to explore a bit more of the British countryside and I've fallen head over heels. Bright blue skies, magical sunrises, endless fields, towering forests and sea's that seem to stretch for an eternity. I've seen lakes as clear as glass and witnessed countless evenings when it seems as if the sky is on fire. 

For me, nature, and its beauty is what makes life worth living. I want to breathe it all in and it's as if my eyes can't gaze at it enough! So I snap pictures, an endless amount of pictures. And still my love for God's beautiful creations isn't satiated. 

The other day, a couple of friends and I had lunch by the pretty little canal that runs through our university campus. The air was crisp but I felt so warm sat with people I love, taking in all the natural beauty around me. The sun was beginning to set as I made my way home so I walked slow and tried to take it all in.


Yesterday was another bright day so I hurriedly completed my assignment and went for a long leisurely walk with my mother. We have a huge expanse of open space and woods just a 20 minute walk from our home, which I've never thought to take advantage of in the 10 years that we've lived in this neighbourhood -_- but my newfound love for nature carried us there yesterday, and it was wonderful. Frost had set on the grass and the pathway was packed with gold, orange and bronze leaves. We walked a little into the woods - surrounded by all the colours of autumn - until we hit a large pond, almost entirely frosted over. I couldn't help but laugh with happiness when we came across it, I'm a huge water-bug! I love lakes and ponds, canals, rivers oceans and seas. Even little streams make my heart sing. The sight of water gives me so much peace.


The sun was setting as we made our way out of the woods, and into the open field. The sky, a baby blue, streaked with pink and gold. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© soulflower | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig