Tuesday 27 October 2015

TAKING STOCK


I think it's going to take me a little while to figure out how to blog regularly during the academic year. Right now university (and all the reading I have to do) is sucking up most of my time. That alongside 2 full days of work at my family's restaurant means I just about have time to READ other blogs (usually 2/3 days late) let alone set aside time to write my own. Of course, this leaves me with no option but to.... plan. Yup. I'm going to have to start my planning my posts ahead of time! I might actually be on my way to becoming an organised, level-headed, stress-free person.

Anyways! Mimmi over at Muted Mornings wrote a post that I thought would be fitting for me to do myself after a little too long away from the blogging world!

So here's what I've been up to recently:

Reading: Vanity Fair, Midnight's Children, and Giovanni's Room (all for university of course). I JUST ABOUT fought my way to the middle of Vanity Fair (it's 900 pages long!) but I'm very close to the end of Midnight's Children, and I just started Giovanni's Room, which I KNOW I'm going to fall in love with because hello... it's written by the GENIUS and total heartbreaker that is James Balwdin. How could I possibly not love it?

Watching: Ummm... my addiction to TV should be covered in a whole other post tbh but CURRENTLY I'm re-watching Gilmore Girls (autumn makes me more a creature of comfort than ever before). On top of that, my weekly TV schedule is made up of: Made In Chelsea, Awkward, The Mindy Project, Chicago Fire, Chicago, PD, Empire, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Downton Abbey (these are just the shows that aren't on hiatus PLS DON'T JUDGE ME). Now you guys now why I struggle to blog, because every moment that isn't spent working is spent catching up on precious TV time LOL.

Buying: Mainly food. But also splurged a little and bought myself a GORGEOUS coat that I'd had my eye on for a couple of weeks!

Listening: Currently loving Adele's new single Hello, but I have been OBSESSED with Halsey's Badlands, and the entire album has been on constant replay for the past two weeks :')

Feeling: Ummm... more than a little anxious, mainly related to my family's restaurant, family drama in general, and the constantly overpowering amount of reading I have to do for university.

Planning: I'm building up the courage to finally start planning a novel. Writing professionally has been my dream since I was about seven. It's about time I take the first leap.

Wishing: For more than I like to think about.

Enjoying: My modules, stimulating seminar discussions, autumnul outfits, the company of my friends, the comfort of my family/home, and regular cups of tea.

Eating: Everything I see.

Hoping: To get a majority of Firsts for my essays this year. But also, I'm hoping to be shortlisted for the Manchester Writing Competition. (I submitted a short story!)

Thinking: Of what I want to do when I graduate. Do I want to pursue a Masters? If so, do I want to continue with English Literature or maybe pursue a different interest (International Relations?) 

Lacking: The ability to NOT PROCRASTINATE.

Trying: To work on my anxiety. I spend a lot of time here and there just moulding my thought processes, trying to see things from different angles, and proving to myself that nothing in my life is as horrifying as it initially seems. It works sometimes!

Drinking: TEA :D

Wanting: All the time and money in the world to read every book I'm lusting after.

Cooking: Umm... I don't really cook much? I know I know. I am a terrible excuse of a South Asian girl. #NOTWIFEYMATERIAL

Deciding: To really enjoy my student years. I'm sure I'll be looking back at them with nostalgia when it's officially time for me to start adulting.

Wearing: Mainly my Mom Jeans, black creepers (fave shoes in the whole wide world), and any one of my many oversized shirts. But when I'm in the mood to look a little girly, my two favourite skirts from Monki and Zara do the trick beautifully. (I have the latter in a popping shade of mustard but it's not on the website anymore!)

Needing: TO GET MY SHIT TOGETHER and be one of those people who are doing what needs to be done. And on that note, I should probably start FINALLY planning the essay I have due for this Sunday :')


What have you guys been up to recently?! I feel like I've been distant from the blogging world a little too long. Tell me all, friends. 
Share:

8 comments

  1. No way you watch Downton abbey? Why haven't u told me before? I never have anyone to gush about it with! And ngl, I was totally eyeing a similar looking coat but in khaki that I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I watch SOOO many shows even I can't keep up :') we need to discuss all the things!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, planning a book?! YAY!!! Writing is one of my favourite things (while simultaneously being the thing that kills me most often...haahh. Life. It is fun. -_-) PROCRASTINATION? I HEAR YA. It is a tempting little thing. >_> Omg, I am like a TV show greenie and haven't even seen ANY of those!! :O I barely have time to watch anything because my face is always glued to a book. But I do so like Supernatural and after NaNoWriMo I plan to devour all the newest episodes. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a fantastic writer that's for sure! I can't believe you haven't heard of any of these shows?! Not even The Vampire Diaries?! *GASP* but omg Supernatural is on my list of tv shows I must watch if I ever get enough time because hello Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles?! *insert heart eyes emoji*

      Delete
  3. LOVE your new coat! Autumn/Winter fashion is the best - in my opinion ;) hehe. Oh wow, you're planning to write a novel? What genre would you like to write? I have an idea for a novel, but I don't think I'm a writer. I would enjoy the research more than actually writing the story haha! I hope your essay is going well + thank you for the TV show recs :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what genre I'd like to write tbh! Growing up i always wanted to be the next JK Rowling but I think now I'd like to explore adult fiction, and write about important global issues.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  4. I've just been scouring through your blog and found my way onto your instagram...(yes, should be doing some last minute Sunday evening work - *ahem* do any of us ever grow out of this habit?!) but, I'm hooked! Beautiful words and I'm loving the format of your recent blog posts: the lists and the little updates xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aghhhh thank you sooo much! That means a lot :') And I'm quite enjoying this format too, it keeps things interesting :D

      Delete

© soulflower | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig